Thursday 29 November 2007

Digging myself a hole!


An important part of one puzzle in ZORK I includes digging a hole. There's a shovel in the toolset but you can't equip it. After searching around a bit a found two interesting HAKs at the NWVault. One where you can equip the shovel, carrying it around and another where you can use it as a club and hit people in the head with it. What was interesting was that nobody has uploaded any shovel you actually can dig with. So I made my own very very simple one:
I made a new model of the shovel and attach it a via a visual effect on the PC. Together with the SHOVELING animiation and a invisible shovel item (to equip) the illusion of digging is complete.

And of course, I'll make a little package and upload it to the NWVault as soon as possible.

/A

3 comments:

Ernie Noa said...

Wow. I have no idea how to do that type of custom work and I am truly impressed.

Amraphael said...

The Visual Effect Editor-plugin is a very powerfull too. I get new ideas all the time. But don't always have the time to explore them.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! This is just what I'm looking for. Did you ever upload it to the vault?