Thursday 14 February 2008

Arrgh, that #@¤& forest!

As I wrote before I had to go back to one big area because splitting the forest in to seven parts made it surprisingly huge in MB. Now I've spent about 5 hours splitting that bigger area into pieces again. The performance was fine through whole of my test phase, but when running around in it a bit longer and the evening came, with its long shadows and mysterious ligth it suddenly became very slow.

Okay, it looks nicer, it loads fast and it is easier to navigate but I'm starting to get really tired of this forest. Now I have to optimize all seven parts and redo all transition triggers and place all the sounds again.

One screen shot:

2 comments:

EC said...

Looks great, in spite of everything. I really like all your lighting settings. Those I saw in your interior areas too.

Amraphael said...

Thanks, I'm finished with all the 8 forest areas except for placing the grass. I have no real skills in that so I may do some research before doing it. I find it very hard to not make it look like hairy dots on the ground.