Friday 14 March 2008

Real life interferes

You know how it is. Some weeks just blows away. Lots of catching up at work after moving our head quarter (even if it was a short move). Tired at nights. Bought new surround speakers that just had to be installed :) And then a week has gone. But to show you that I'm not just Lazy Jones I got two screenies shotitos for you. It's from the Near Maze area and with the stinky Cyclops Lair. Lights are full on so you can see everything. Yes, I know that in-game shots are nicer. I just didn't have the time to launch it.

There have also been some short moments of re-designing one of the control functions in the game. Namely the thief. The thief is a NPC (or several - no one knows) that sometimes shows up stealing your precious stuff. I have an algorithm now that makes him show up more near you the higher game score you have. It's a pretty difficult function to test because he's also a true wandering NPC that shows up in other areas than you are visiting, picking up valuables that you have left laying around. The thief has another important function in the game but that may spoil the game for the one of you that haven't played the original one.



Thanks for visiting!
/A

3 comments:

Caterina Curmà said...

Hi nil, i read with very interest your tutorial about texturing, and i saw your areas. i'm Gilean, the creator of NIC Rideable Horses. I made a PW with a friend of mine, but now this friend has full of work and cannot build anymore. plz visit my site

http://ck.nsn3.net

in the screenshots section. Yep, my pw is italian, but we can work toghether in english if u like. i called you 'cause the world has a great building quality, and in italy is very rare to find a good builder. If u are interested plz add me in msn at : gilean1@hotmail.it or mail me to gilean1@gmail.com . I hope u will help me in order to complete this world with fully dinamic factions, all scripted by me

EC said...

The thief sounds like he'll introduce a very interesting, novel gameplay dynamic. Looking forward to see how it plays out.

Amraphael said...

@Gilean
I've sent you an email.

@E.C.Patterson
I hope the thief works fine. The earlier versions were okay, but could be difficult for the player to understand because of how the semi-turnbased NWN2 engine works. Normaly you would have an interaction phase, a barter phase, a steal phase, an attack phase etc. In NWN2 it's just a mix of everything. Playtesting next week will tell if it'll do.