Friday 5 September 2008

Halloween Community Project report

I don't really understand where the time goes. I go to work, I come home. Eat, watch the news, work on my part of the Halloween module. Then I sleep and goto work again. I don't want to tell you too much about it. No screen shoots and no details but so much can I tell:

My house is a small, two story one where Amraphael and his wife lives (yes my wife got to write a part as she's so kind helping me with the Zork-module testing and such). The conversations are pretty small too. About 2000 words. The player can chose between a few, hopefully entertaining, interactions with the NPCs. It's the classics that I'm found of; Stories, Riddles, and Dilemas. The player may receive some item(s) that will be usefull in more combat oriented environments. Putting it like that it sounds like it would take ten minutes to build :) Then it's the area design. I have put very much time into those few tiles and I now it feels like a place where I would like to live. There's a lot of things to do like verifying all the conversation threads with all conditionals checking if the player have done this or that. Much can go wrong when nesting links. Then all the animations are left to do. I feels pretty important to get them right as I use classic NWN dialogue mode (I don't really like the cinema ones as the reminds me of Knights of the Old Republic) where idle NPCs and PCs is okay when the camera looks another way.

What happens to Zork now? Not much before October 10, as my intention is to make the deadline. Then I'm off on a business trip to South Africa (probably) for about 10 days. This would mean that the release date will be pushed forward.

Have fun - I will!
/A

No comments: