Sunday 22 March 2009

Beta 0.94 handed over to the testers

Hi!
A new version, 0.94, has been made available for the helpful beta testers. This means that we're now entering the beta phase 2 where the primary objectives are:

Important
1 - Find remaining show stoppers and gameplay strangeness.
2 - Find bugs that has to be fixed in the first release

If there's time
3 - Spelling
4 - Looks and Feel

If testing goes so fast there's lots of time left
5 - Nice to have thingies
6 - You should do this instead ideas


What's new in 0.94?
- A failsafe script to fix potential problems with handheld light source VFX's
- More placeables in the Maze Area but lots left to do...
- Fixed missing load screens
- More consequent damage of items in the game
- Fixed Bad stref in clothing materials
- Fixed several missing Placeable descriptions
- Fixed some spelling errors
- Area DayNight cycles fix
- The Area Maps can be enabled both in the intro conversation and with the Z-Helpers Debug conversation
- Missing wall in the Maze Are has been corrected
- The combat conversations is now more stable

I cross my fingers and hope for luck!

/Amraphael

BTW
During test phase 3 and 4 I may need some fresh eyes so if you're not already a tester and want to do some just-before release test, drop me a line.

6 comments:

Lance Botelle (Bard of Althéa) said...

Hi Amraphael,

I did send an email a while ago when you asked for them. Am I still on your list (if you still need testers)?

As I had not heard anything yet, I thought I would just ask. :)

Lance.

Shaughn said...

I would definately be interested in giving it a go through for you.

Jclef said...

ZORK is nigh - wooohoooo!!! :D

Lance Botelle (Bard of Althéa) said...

Hi Amraphael,

I got your blog comment OK. :)

I have resent the request email to you. Hopefully, everything will go through OK this time. :)

Thanks!

Lance.

Amraphael said...

@Shaughn,
send me an email on
nwn2zork [at] kliche [dot] com
and I put you on the list

PJH said...

I'm getting Zorkbumps all over my body!