Monday 9 March 2009

Still sick...

I'm still sick. Today is the 12th day with the headache from hell and intermittent fever. The trip to Germany last week wasn't the best thing to do either. So I'd call this a confirmed A/H3N2 infection. I'll stay in bed for now...
I've started to prepare the beta test kit and been trying to make my FTP-server work with large files without luck. Then I've been looking into several upload/storage services to find a reliable place to put the files. With kind help of Wyrin I'll soon have that problem solved.

Over and out, transmission over!
/A

3 comments:

Wyrin said...

as a biochemist by training, gotta say viral cost structures always amaze me. THe way the proteins pack can actually have some similarities to the shape of a d20... but now I'm showing off both sides of my geekiness!

Gotta say, ZtGUE is oozing gooey/gruey gorgeousness so far!

Lance Botelle (Bard of Althéa) said...

How pretty! ;)

I was going to recommend checking one of these large file download services, but I see you already are checking that. I have not used them myself, but I understand that they are free for very large files for a short period of time, which should be fine for your testing period.

By the way, did you incorporate the Patch Hak idea that allows us to patch your module (if we need to) without having to download large large files (again) or restart?

Lance.

AmstradHero said...

That sounds like very much not fun. Hope that things improve (hopefully significantly!) and that you get back on your feet soon!

Unfortunately, I'm probably going to be mostly incognito for the better part of the next month, so I don't think I'll be able to help beta test Zork... but if things are unavoidably delayed, I'll definitely lend a hand!