Thursday 2 August 2007

The narrow Cave Passage


I'm quite satisfied with the narrow cave passage though I've not figured out how to make just the opening "illuminate" on mouse over. It may have something to do with how Gmax handle the model or more likely my lack of knowledge. So for now the passage consists of two placeables one for the wall-part and one for the useable entrance. It has some benefits as in flexibility but isn't as smart as I would like.

Yesterday I had a day off from work and spent some time on beeing in the sun painting lots of wooden planks and little bit more time on solving a couple of strange bugs in my move-placeables-script. DestroyObject() didn't work and I had no idea why. First i thought it was because I triggered the scripts from a conversation in the wrong order. Then I went over to blame the SetPlotFlag() and later my anger was directed towards the script engine. When testing the script in a test module it worked perfectly and after trying everything, shouting (mostly for myself) and pulling my short hair, I baked all areas. Voila, the script works! I didn't know if I should be happy or just irritated. I choosed the happy face and painted some more wooden planks out in the sun. Now my body aches but I can move placeables without a single trouble.

No comments: