Sunday 26 August 2007

On to the last area!

After a hellish work week with little time for production I've started to work on the last area of the module. It's a small but complicated one. The original game has very sparse descriptions of it, just a couple of rows, but the spirit and atmosphere is in those few words and a I want catch it. After that there's a handfull rooms left to do and then I'm back to the more difficult things that I've got stuck on and put aside for a while. I don't think they will cause any problems but some solutions can be time consuming to build and of course, play-test. I solved the issue with the placeable ivory torch that could not be useable, or examined, or bashed. After re-modelling, renaming, verifying, baking and every little trick I could imagine I accidentally deleted the blue-print. So I made a new one and there it was, working just as is should. After thinking about it I have noticed some strange behavior sometimes when creating blue-prints from scratch, so from now I'll always make a copy of a original blue-print and change it.

Today I'll try to finish some of my other building projects (or at least make them move forward). First out will be putting up a new wall in the bedroom. We have been sleeping on the livingroom floor too long now. Renovating the bedroom was going to take two weeks and now we're counting week nine. Honestly, I'm looking more forward to get on with this new area than a day with the hammer. *Maybe if I pretend it's a +3 hammer of the master carpenter...*

Have fun today and if you're a mod. builder: Try my lastest placeable VFX "A cloud of bats". It's here on the NWVault and it has got quite nice comments.

No comments: