Tuesday 21 August 2007

Non-stop troubleshooting

For a few days I done nothing else on the module than trying to find what's wrong with my ivory torch placeable. It looks fine, both in the toolset and in the game but I can't make it useable. I've come to the conclusion that it must have something to do with the collision check mesh but what or why is still the question. I've also been really tired because two very high tempo weeks at work combined with some issues at home. It's not the famous builder-burn-out, just real life that interferes with fun life. As soon as the problem with the torch is fixed I'll post some nice screenies.

I forgot that I've fixed one thing. The Great Underground Empire is a NoMagic world (for PC's there is) so I've fixed a smart litte script to disable all spellcasting in the mod. Sorry all spellcasting friends out there! Such is the rules - for now.

Thanks for reading!


Wait, don't stop reading yet!!! I just have to show you this folio-release from April 1984. $33.95, imagine what it would cost today :) But I'm sure that the per game hour cost would be almost as low as NWN1 has been for me. Hundreds and hundreds of hours fun for the same price as two DVD's...

3 comments:

Legba said...

hi, just read about what you're doing. It sounds very cool and I look forward to playing it when you've finished

Amraphael said...

Thank you legba!

Ernie Noa said...

Ahhh... the good old days of Zork I.

This mod looks great and it should be a nice bit of nostalgia too. Can't wait. It's on my play list.