Thursday 16 August 2007

Everybody loves ol' Egypt!

"The solid-gold coffin used for the burial of Ramses II is here."

""This is a room which looks like an Egyptian tomb.
There is an ascending staircase to the west."

Tonight I made a race on the Temple Area which is one of the more complicated in both scripting and decoration. So when I finaly was finished I couldn't resist to show you two screen shots from the Eyptian Room with Ramses II's gold coffin. One can wonder why is Rames' coffin here? I don't know but it's only natural in the weird world of Zork.
I'm quite satisfied with the floor and the hieroglyphic-ish wall details the gives the feeling of ancient egypt.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

4 comments:

Wyrin said...

Hey, that's looking really good - is that all your own custom content? can almost feel the mummies waiting to pounce... ;)

Amraphael said...

Thank you sir! Allmost all custom content in the module is my own work even though some basic ideas aren't.

Mostly because there isn't very much CC out yet. Not all of my things are top class but I learn something new now and then and go back and polish them up a bit when I can.

Ernie Noa said...

I wish I had the time and talent to create my own content. Very nice.

Amraphael said...

I'm certain that your talented enough and there's plenty of CC stuff one can do really easy (and there's some nice people to ask how to). But time of course is a always problem. My day job takes too much time and eats large chunks of mental resources. But I can't really complain, I have a job that many people would love and like everyone else I have to have something to eat on the table every evening.

I must admit though I'd rather spend the next three weeks at home playing with my module, drinking coffe and totaly forget about time and work. I'm in a period of creativity and super fun and want to get so very much out of it as I possibly can.

You have maybe heard of the Swedish vacations. Unlike the most countries we have a "work time"-law that give everyone at least 5 weeks vacation and some lucky bastards as myself, six weeks per year. But for the last couple of years (oh my, for 7 years now) I've never found time or opportunity to enjoy this luxuary of long time-off-work periods.

Hmm, somtimes my english really sucks...