Saturday 15 September 2007

Status and release date

I've already hinted about the release date at nwn2forums.bioware.com so I think I can share with you here. Zork - Revisiting The Great Underground Empire will will not be released before patch 1.07 and not before November 2007 due to the amount of work left to do and the huge pile of papers at my desk back at work. It's not a bad thing. I like working on the module and write about it here and I'm sure I'll miss it bad when it's released.

So here's a quick status.
The clock here in Sweden is 1:10 AM / 01:10 and I'm tired and has quite high temperature because of the flu. So bear with my typos and bad syntax.

Done
  • 80%!!!
Left to do
  • Fix high and low water levels in the Reservoir Area
  • Complete the cutscene from hell where the party travel along the Frigid River
  • 2 small areas has to be created (I've supressed it until now).
  • Fix all the treas in the Forest Area to make it look like a real forest
  • Fix 6 dynamic area transitions
  • Death/respawn scripts
  • 7 puzzles
  • Change the Maze Area tile set to RWS Deep Halls
  • Sound effects for all areas
  • Music for all areas
  • Dress up the areas with cool placeables and lighting.
  • Change the thief's "AI" scripts
  • Fix some bugs in the bat's, the grue's and the cyclop's AI
  • Hintbook and documentation
  • Load screens
  • Fixup missing inventory icons
  • Map system
  • Multiplayer scaling
  • Weight system for all items in the game. Pheew!!
  • Make some cool custom placeables - just for fun.
That's all just 10% left to do :) Then I'll playtest it with my wife and fix the bugs we find and after that: Public beta! I'll seek out two or three players on the forum to play it and report back any troubles and bugs. So I', quite optimistic when I say November. But what the heck! One must have goals!

Goodnight World, and don't forget to read Order of the Stick - from the beginning!


Zzzzzzzzzzz

3 comments:

Ernie Noa said...

I hope you get over the flu. Everyone one at my house is sick and my three boys have been officially diagnosed with Strep Throat.

I am really looking forward to this module.

Good luck.

Amraphael said...

Thanks Ernie! I'm much better after this nights sleep. Strep throat is no fun and everyone re-infects each other until they all get some antibiotic.

I really hope I can make it until the early November.

Ernie Noa said...

We're all taking antibiotics now thank goodness. I am really intrigued by this conversation, and I'm looking forward to it. Keep at it, I'll definitely play it when it's out.