Friday 21 September 2007

I'm on a side quest - or two...

Hi everybody, I'm awake again. The damn cold has not worn off yet and it starts to get boring. Of course I'm back at work and that makes the cold even more boring :).

So, how is things goining? Fine, thanks for asking! I've done the rather complicating work on the Reservoir Area where water in the reservoir raises and sinks. I've found a solution that works and that I can accept - for now. I've learned a lot about ligthing and something about area transitions that I didn't knew.

After that I've tried to implement RWS Deep Halls and Sewers to give the Great Underground Empire some variation especially the Maze but it didn't come out that good. I mean the tilesets are wonderfull but I need more variation in the corridors and rooms. I may drop this for now because replacing a complete areas tileset for a new one takes lots of time and gee, the modules hak pak will be enormous in size! I will try later and maybe adding some variation to the Sewers myself.

What about the side quest? Well, I rarley "burn out" when doing a project, instead I'm going hyper-active. I've taken a few days off, playing RoboRally and Citadels with my gaming group and most important making Custom Content for NWN2. I have a really cool thing going on for one certain module craft brother who always retire forever after doing a great show. Then I have another nifty thing for the community which every Maze or DungeonusGigantus-maker must have for their players. More on this later.

Other than that? Too much work at work as usual. Our bedroom is not yet ready to move into, but we got 188 meters/616.8 feet floor planks drying under our kitchen table.

/Amraphael

p.s.
I wonder why I've started to have a dialogue with myself when writing.
-"I have to stop that irritation behavior.",
- "Yes, I have", I said.

No comments: