Saturday 10 November 2007

Progress!

Today I was able to test for 6 hours. The test was divided i two parts in the first I followed my walkthroug as long as there was no show stopper and noted every bug and strange behavior I found. After hitting the stopper I went back to the toolset and fixed everything I found and started all over again until the next stopper. So far I can play 55% (probably 80% if i don't follow my walkthrough) of the game before having to stop I found 24 bigger bugs and corrected them all. I also found about 100 lesser ones, like missing item icons and flickering rugs, placeables floating in the air and so forth. If I'm lucky I'll have a couple of hours tomorrow too. The rest of that week is full of other duties.

It's really boring to test things. Testing sucks big time. If I just was more rigorous when developing I wouldn't need to find so many bugs. But that's why I'm a boss and not a programmer... :(

Thanks for reading, as always!

No comments: