Wednesday 12 December 2007

Music problem solved!

My music works again. I'm sure that this is no news to many of you but, you should clean out all tags from your files before making the BMU's. Somewhere in the past I noticed that mp3 and wav tags where transfered into the BMU-files when converting them. "That's cool!", I thought and put information about copyrights, producer etc in the files. Obviously there's a problem with it, or it's not completly compatible. So when re-encoding my MP3's the music started to play.

I'm discussing the legal parts with the compositor and will soon give you a sample. I really, really like the atmosphere that the music brings. I'm sure that quite a few will say somthing like "That doesn't belong in a CRPG" or "This don't sound medieval at all!" But that's okay, just remove the music-pak and listen to the silence. Maybe I pick up my goat-bone-flute an play an alternative soundtrack in 7th century style, and then they beg for mercy!!! Hahaha!
Seriously, I'm sure everyone will like the music I decided to go with, yes I am!

2 comments:

Nalencer said...

Yes, custom music adds a lot. I wouldn't mind writing some for my own mod. Problem is, I'm definitely no composer. I'm more of a lyricist. Couldn't write a piano piece to save my life.

Is the music you're using from the original game, or did you find it elsewhere?

Amraphael said...

Some songs I've paid the compositor for. I'll make a public about it when everything around the license is fixed. Other pieces is my own creations.