Monday 11 February 2008

The Skype Live " NWN2Modules in Development"

It didn't work out very well for me due to some technical problems both with Skype and with my new D-Link router. The router has the bad habit of cutting my WAN connection every 20 minutes, often with some long recovery period. I'm not the only one the support tells me and promises a new firmware in 14 days. When I didn't had that problem the audio quality of Skype shifted from sounding like a 80's 75/1200 modem and a growling horror from electro hell.

So while looking forward to this happening for a few weeks it was quite a anti-climax. But I met all those wonderfull people during the text chat and I must say that staying up from 02:30 to 04:30 at a Monday morning was worth it and I want to thank them for wanting me to participate. Thanks!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were missed. We felt really bad about the technical problems you had. Through out the entire chat, we had weird noises. It was a let down to say the least. I hope jclef can salvage a good part of it and clean it up.

We hope to find something far better in the future. And we will use IRC for chat, It will make things a lot easier on the text end of things as well.

Keep me up to date on your release. I would love a one on one with all of you when your modules get released :)

Best Regards
Liso

Ryshara said...

I wished that you were able to stay on the call - sorry for your tech troubles. Maybe we can do something like this again someday. :)

Ernie Noa said...

I didn't get to talk to you - via voice, but I was glad to text chat in real time and thank you for all the help you've provided me with the airships and stuff. I was excited to talk with you in just that capacity.

Wyrin said...

i'll wait for the one on one to hear your thoughts - you just need to hurry and get zork done!! ;)

then you can tell us what you plan next....

Amraphael said...

@Liso, don't feel bad. Tech troubles is my everyday life as I'm in the IT-business :) When I was at the airport today I attended a 30 min. meeting with my South African collegues - over SkypeCast and we had perfect sound. 7 persons talking and 3 others listening.

Amraphael said...

@Lady E,
it would be fun! You all know where to find me if you want some help or just discuss anything.

Amraphael said...

@Ernie, No problem it was really fun to help you out.
But I may seek you up with questions about how to balance encounters some time in the far future :) as it seems that you know quite a bit about it.

Amraphael said...

@Wyrin,
you're absolutly right. :) I have to get this mod done soon or it'll eat all my spare vacation days. And what I'll do next... I have already hinted about writing a book for younger kiddies. I have a few great ideas that the youngsters will love and their parents will fear :)))

But regarding NWN2 I have a few ideas to choose between but it's far too early yet.

Ernie Noa said...

If I can help with the nuggets of information locked away in my cranium, I am more than happy to.