Saturday 8 March 2008

I did it!

Fell asleep while working with the toolset, I mean... I must have been really exhausted. Luckily my head was beside the keyboard and not on any important short-key. :)

After a two hour super-power-nap I was like the D-Cell Bunnie and gave the first part of the Maze entrance a work over. I've understood theres a few screen shot-fetishists out there so heres several shots from different angles. Tell me what you thing, because I've been troubled with what I'll do with this area for so long now. The are pretty dark, mainly because the Gamma setting in the game differs from the one in the capture software. I have lighten them a bit so you can see what's going on. And yes, I do apply some blur to remove the boring pixel-effect Things that may worth looking close at is the wooden beams and support that make the passage more fragile and under construction looking That wooden construction kit is so usefull. The wall mine lamps with electrical light (may feel unusual for Dnd:ers, but this it Zork). Notice the almost 4 meters height difference thanks to the guys of RWS.

I did one more simple little script that I thought I'd share with you. As usal nothing fancy but I think it works well. It the old autoclosing door but the delay is controlled from a variable and theres a random component to it. And theres this sound of foot steps walking up to the door, closing it and walking away. Mysteroius! :)

// Name:     z_on_open_autoclose
// Date: 2008-mars-8
// Author: Amraphael
// Backlog: Variable for Random Amount. Unlikely

void main()
{
// Put the on the Door's ON_OPEN-script
// Create a Variable FLOAT called "CloseAfter"
and give it a value in Seconds.

// This is the offset Delay before the door auto-closes.

float fDelay = GetLocalFloat(OBJECT_SELF,"CloseAfter");
// If no Variable Set, set it to 60.0 seconds
if (fDelay == 0.0) fDelay = 60.0;

// Randomize the offset by +/- 50%
int iRandom = FloatToInt(fDelay/2)+Random(FloatToInt(fDelay));
fDelay = IntToFloat(iRandom);

// Play the footsteps walking up to the dour
DelayCommand(fDelay-2.0, PlaySound("fs_stone_hard1"));
DelayCommand(fDelay-1.5, PlaySound("fs_stone_hard2"));
DelayCommand(fDelay-1.0, PlaySound("fs_stone_hard3"));
//Close the door
DelayCommand(fDelay, ActionCloseDoor(OBJECT_SELF));
// Play the footsteps walking away
DelayCommand(fDelay+1.0, PlaySound("fs_stone_hard1"));
DelayCommand(fDelay+1.5, PlaySound("fs_stone_hard2"));
DelayCommand(fDelay+2.0, PlaySound("fs_stone_hard3"));
DelayCommand(fDelay+2.3, PlaySound("fs_stone_hard2"));
DelayCommand(fDelay+2.5, PlaySound("fs_stone_hard1"));
DelayCommand(fDelay+2.9, PlaySound("fs_stone_hard3"));
}


Okay over to what you came for, the screenies!

Have a nice weekend!
/A

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Screenies look great! And btw, last post. be glad you could not hear me sing. It would not be pleasant :) Consider yourself saved! lol

Delak said...

Those screens look good.

Wyrin said...

these are looking pretty sweet. think your hard work will really pay off with this

Ernie Noa said...

Looking good! Really terrific stuff.

EC said...

I like the idea of the footsteps very much! Nice thinking.

Now, I was hoping you had an equippable lantern! I don't believe it's part of your pack on the Vault though, or is it?... ;)

Those wooden planks look really handy too.

Nice screenshots. The Deep Chasm tileset really is great.

Amraphael said...

@liso
during all the years I toured with my band I noticed that people who say they can't sing, often sings better that the ones who claims they are very good. But if am wrong I roll a D20 + class bonus to save against ear pain

Amraphael said...

@delak, Wyrin & Ernie
Thanks guys! It means a lot to hear it. It's painstakingly slow to make areas. But I've become to enjoy it more and more. Thought I was the scripting type of guy, but may have been wrong. I choose to dual-class with some speed penalty :)

Amraphael said...

@E.C.P
Thanks! The lantern is not part of my hand held light sources package. Mainly because it's a VFX. When the mod is finished I'll take some time to extract CC that may be of interest for others. It takes too much time to do it right now. The wooden planks are so easy to make and so versatile. If i had time I made a retexturing of them and complete them with some more variations. Well, maybe later.