Wednesday 5 March 2008

Modding Coma

The Maze Area kills me. It's so difficult to give the right feel to it. I skipped lunch today and played the original Zork I to get back into the mood I had 26 years ago. I know it's kind of stupid :) but I played through the maze and for my inner eye it's so small with all those twisting tunnels. Not like my area at all. In fact it's not like anything you can create with NWN2 (or NWN1) at all.

So I started on the Aragain Falls instead and get back to the maze later, when I have adjusted to my new design. Here are a few screen shots from the early stages of the design. There's a bunch of things to do, but I think it started out well. AND - no crashes today. The mod is no 300 Mb, not counting the HAK-pak and music.

"You are at the top of the Great Canyon on its west wall.
From here there is a marvelous view of the canyon and
following the Canyon upstream to the north,
Aragain Falls may be seen, complete with rainbow"


"Nice view, lousy place to jump."

"You are on a ledge about halfway up the wall of the river canyon.
You can see from here that the main flow from Aragain
Falls twists along
a passage which it is impossible for you
to enter."



Thank you for reading!
/Amraphael

9 comments:

Briesence said...

Can you delete the comment?

When everything I try on a new head goes terribly wrong I take a break and play the Sims 2. There is a lot to be said for relaxing game play. Also, a lot of what I use in NWN2 I learned from the original Sims game (like hex editing).

Anonymous said...

Some where over the rainbow.... ok, I'll stop singing :)

The screenies are awesome! great job Amraphael!

Unknown said...

Nothing wrong with playing the original Zork! In preparation for your module I did the same thing. I finished Zork 1 with 350 of 350 points - although I did need a hint to find the last two treasure I'd missed. The Emerald and the Bauble.

Ernie Noa said...

Wow. This is really looking fantastic. You've really done the original game justice.

Ryshara said...

Simply stunning work! :)

Briesence said...

I like the rainbow, make me want Skittles candy for some reason. ;)

Amraphael said...

@Briesence
Sorry good girls and boys gets candy... All others gets a pot of gold :) Glad that you like the rainbow the only thing now is to make it walkable somehow.

@Liso
You have to sing louder, I don't hear you! Thanks a lot!

Amraphael said...

@jackcorbae
That makes you a Master Adventurer! Not bad to only need help two times. The bauble is tricky to get and the emerald is easy to miss.

Amraphael said...

@Ernie, glad you like it. As usual theres a lot of polishing to to. You know how exterior areas only craves more of you the more you work on them.

@Lady Elvenstar
Not as good as I foresee your PreFab Competition area to be. But I appreciate you saying to nice things about my mod. To be honest I get so proud that I show my wife all those positive comments, happy as a little child that just made mommy a drawing.