Friday 21 March 2008

Module don't load from Directory mode

I did a post on this on the NWN2Forums but thought I would increase my chances by asking here too.

My mod is about 300 Mb now and the crashes when saving to .mod are quite frequent so I've decided to work in directory mode.

The problem is that the game won't load, it just stops at "unpacking module".
If I re-save it as a .mod it works just fine. What am I doing wrong? Ideas, anyone?

[Edit]
I've noticed that it loads just fine when I launch it via the games "new game > new module" button, but it fails when I try to launch it from the toolset.

[Edit]
After little more digging I found some faint evidence about that it may be problems with launching mods from the toolset when using directory mode in this NWN2Forums thread:
"Toolset has become useless..."

I think I have to live with it, but if anyone should stumble upon a solution, please drop me a line.

1 comment:

Ernie Noa said...

I keep watching this post hoping for a reply or two here. I don't know a lot about working in directory mod and was hoping to pick up a few tips.