Monday 17 March 2008

Thanks for the help!

I got several good ideas both as comments on my post here and the one at NWN2Forums. Thanks everybody!

Here's a few example how I will change all my conversations:

Descriptions will be in italic:
You are standing in an open field west of a white house.
or
The rug is extremely heavy and cannot be carried.

Actions will be in green:
Kill the troll with the sword.
or
Give the jeweled scarab to the thief.
or
Walk away.

Navigation will be within brackets:
[more]
or
[next]
or
[previous]



[Edit]

The whole conversation formatting thing is based on some basic html starting and closing tags.

Examples:
<b>Makes the text bold</b>

<i>Makes it italic</i>

<color=green>Makes the text green</color>

3 comments:

Delak said...

That looks good, very clean. I have been toying with this same idea myself. Would it be ok if I copied you on your standard?

Also how would you do that in NWN2 I have not figured out how to do colors or different styles of text.

Amraphael said...

It's really not my standard. I have just listen to what other modders prefer and picked some ideas from them.

The whole conversation formatting thing is based on some basic html starting and closing tags. Examples:
[b]Makes the text bold[/b]

[i]Makes it italic[/i]

[color=GREEN]Makes the text green[/color]

Due to bloggers comment handler you have to change the [ to < and the ] to ]

Amraphael said...

Change
[ to >
] to <

Stupid me :)