Wednesday 28 May 2008

Pushing forward

As usual I abandoned my development plan. That's why I don't work as a software programmer (even if I'm a pathological wannabe) . The plan was to fix the music and load screens for all areas. Instead I fixed the take placeable scripts which was a large and boring work. I made a hand held lantern for use in the multiplayer version as you see in the picture. The idea is that there's only one battery powered lamp as in the original game, but when playing in MP mode there will be a few additional light sources with limited burn time scattered around so every PC gets his/her own light source. I did a run on the drowning script and now the water rises nicely and a killer-placeable damages the PC's in the area so that they will drown within 120 real time seconds (if they don't find a way to prevent it of course). In the screen shot you can also see the new control panel. Looks a bit strange in NWN2 but Zork isn't DnD, it's more like Dungeon and Techno.



The Grue script is also fixed. At least i presume so until Sundays playtest will prove otherwise.

This is the spawn rules for this creature of the dark:
  • PC is in an area specified as "dark"
  • PC doesn't carry any light source
  • PC isn't within 15 meters from another PC that carrying a light source
  • PC isn't withing 15 meters from a placed light that have a light sphere of +15 meters and +1 intensity
The HeartBeat script will push it hard but there's only one Grue at the time and the HB-script is quite smart. I'll make some performance tests later on to measure the difference between script on and off.

The weather outside my window is so nice It feels like the first summer day and I think I'll eat my lunch in an exterior area today.

/A

2 comments:

EC said...

Sounds like you're doing a great job moving forward.

The grue and water trap sound like lots of fun.

And I really like the panel.

Amraphael said...

Thanks! I won't get it out before this spring (obvious) but I have great hope of not breaching the 12 month wall. Sometimes I seem to attached to this mod, my wife says it's good enough for a beta release when I've fixed the known issues., but I disagree - as usual :)