Saturday 15 November 2008

One of those short updates

Been working on the turn-based combat script almost the whole day long. I found some strange things in the routines for scaling HP and Damage due to decimal rounding problems. I think I've fixed it so I started to make the animation routines. I have different ones for Attack/Hit, Attack/Miss, Stunning the opponent and Disarm and Knockout. They are not perfect and I'm not entirely satisfied with the sounds but I have to draw the line somewhere. Now everything works and the Hostiles gets easier to kill when the PC gains GamePoints and the PC also receives more HP as in the original game. The script is over 900 lines already and the Troll's token-based conversation is about 700 words. It's really cool to generate conversations via CustomTokens and I wish I had more time to explore it. Tomorrow I'll get on to the other NPC's combat text-lines and animations.

Some cellphone shots of my temporary workplace.


This is how my home office to be looks like for the moment. A bit like a late night bugbear party....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really should tech those bugbears to clean up after themselves! ;)

AmstradHero said...

Mmmmm, dual monitors - nice setup!

Lance Botelle (Bard of Althéa) said...

That screenshot of your paper notes reminds me of my own paper notes. :) It gets a little worrying when the paper notes grow faster than module production though (as in my case at the moment). ;)

Lance.

PJH said...

What kind of plant is that in the top right corner in the first picture?

Amraphael said...

@pjh,
it's some kind of geranium, maybe a Dibbinsdale. And no, I don't smoke them ;)

@amstradhero,
Yeah, a dual setup is worth every single GP. And they come cheap nowadays.

Amraphael said...

@Liso,
I know, but I'm a soft-skinned, weak person. ;)

@Lance,
Yellow noties (in many colors) and piles of paper is how I manage to think now that my whiteboard is stored in the basement while building me a home office. I think I've consumed a entire forest since I started with this module :)