Monday 1 October 2007

Working with Expotron

Hi,
did you think I've been lazy, not working on NWN2-stuff? No way, I just have been too busy to keep you updated. I've done lots of things on the module, mostly on the Maze Area which has been quite hard. Should a good maze be sort of boring with all the rooms similar - if not it's just another area... or?

Then I've been playing with the Expotron Plugin for 3ds Max, trying to animate my Airships. That's not an easy walk in the park! Look at my thread in the nwn2forums. I felt stupid and frustrated. Many thanks to Hellfire59 for trying to help me out! So now my first airship is finshined (almost). The propeller now turns, you can tint the hull and tomorrow you can walk the deck! Take a look at the Max-shot below. It looks really good in the game! Now I just have to finish the other two and I'm sure it will go much faster.


Got to go now! Taking the wife out for dinner tonight.

3 comments:

Ernie Noa said...

I've been thinking about if I should port over and expand Hythum 1 or write a new chapter.

So much for retirement. *sigh*

It looks great.

Amraphael said...

Yes, I think it looks quite good too (bragging +1)
I still have problems with the walkmesh and will leave it for a week or two focusing on the ZORK-module.

Ernie Noa said...

Hey Amraphael,

I have a question about the airship you are working on. Hythum is underway, and I was wondering if there is a version of the airship we can plug in and check out. Please don't feel pressured by my request. You know I admire your talent and generosity but I also fully respect you have your own project, your own obligations, your own ... rest of your life to content with.

So... I was curious about the airship but wanted to ask in a very 'low pressure' sort of way. :-)

It looks fantastic, at least the images you've posted thus far.

Many thanks,

Ernie (ENoa4)