Wednesday 21 May 2008

Major break-trough!

The last area is done. The biggest design obstacle is behind me. I feel good today!

The small print:
There's a lot left to do. But from now on it's about look and feel. Well, the Grue AI is still screwed up in multiplayer and there are still performance problems with the forest areas when night falls and the shadows grow. There are hundreds of small ugly things to polish, many icons, maps and some custom models to fix. I also have to take another look at the river travel sequence, maybe try a cutscene solution again. But I'm over the hill!!!

/Amraphael

7 comments:

Wyrin said...

COngratulations! Great milestone!

I feel over the hill but probably not in the same way you mean ;)

EC said...

Great news! Sounds like you got your spirits back up too! :)

Ryshara said...

That is awesome! I have the same feeling for Act I of ATtD. Now, I am polishing up certain areas, adding dialogs, encounters, and journal entries... yes, still lots to do, isn't there? But, it is a huge milestone to have all your areas now!

Amraphael said...

@Wyrin, the Swedish definition of over the hill isn't the same as the English... :):) But still it's a milestone or kilometer-stone.

Amraphael said...

@E.C.Patterson,
yes I feel a lot better after ditching those anti-allergy pills. I sneeze and my eyes floods but I'm not drugged into dizziness anymore.

Amraphael said...

@Lady E,
this last area was the hardest to fix because of that walkable rainbow and a few things around that "quest" including syncing animations and such. My next thing will be placing all sounds in the outdoor areas and thats a thing one can tinker with forever :)

Elw00d said...

Great to hear. Sad to say I have been slowly losing interest in NWN2 over the past months, but I am still looking forward to playing your module and a few others I have been watching.

El