Friday 16 May 2008

Walkmesh mess.

I'm back from our company development conference. Great fun for us in the management to hang out with the programmers. Hard scheme for the days, but lots of laughs and beer in the evenings. To night I managed to build some smaller parts of the last area and correct a few issues and bugs. Twenty one if I recall correct. One small catastrophe though. My coal mine area had a room with a strange walkmesh leading in a slope from the floor through the roof. I started to convert the placeables to environmental objects to simplify the walkmesh. No luck. Then I removed all objects in the room. No luck. So I removed all objects in the surrounding area. Total walkmesh messup. The whole area got corrupted and I used two hours to reconstruct it from scratch. I like it better this time :)

The re-constructed Shaft Room

Have a nice day everybody!
/Amraphael

2 comments:

Ernie Noa said...

That stinks. I back up stuff like mad but it's still easy to lose work. I'm glad you got the issue resolved.

Amraphael said...

Yes it really sucks, but if I stop believing that re-doing things makes them better I would end up like a member of one of those in the toolset-hater mob. I really like this tool and after switching to folder mode I have less that one crash a week rather than 1.5 per session.

A couple of weeks ago I did a small hack for a friends NWN1 module. Holy crap! That was like putting a square tap into a round hole.