Thursday 10 July 2008

Screen shots

Not much news today. I've been reading through the original InvisiClue-book (hint book) and the original ZIL-code to see if I missed something, except the things I've decided to exclude. It seems that I've got the most things right but one great miss.

Well, misunderstanding I would call it as I never reflected on in when playing the original text implementation. There was this reservoir area in the game and as it's underground you need a lamp to see anything. From the reservoir you could go to the top of the great dam and you didn't need the lamp anymore as the area was bright. I thought it was because the reservoir was inside the mountain and the dam itself on the outside. The the river leading away from the dam had to be outdoors. But no, the river is inside the mountain and why the sun shines in the dam are in the original game is beyond my understanding. Maybe it's lighten by some magical means or maybe the area is more like a control room for the dam than the dam itself.
Anyway, I don't going to ditch my nice dam and river area just because of this. I didn't recognize the problem 25 years ago and now this will be my artistic interpretation :) I solve the inconsistence in another way.

Now to the screens shots. I don't know if I posted any of them before.


5 comments:

EC said...

Nice shots. Especially the first ones. I love those log cabin walls. The safe looks great too. Is that the thief we see? Smart use of the BCK arch to make the fireplace btw. Good thinking.

Amraphael said...

Yes, it's the lean gentleman known as The Thief. He's a pita when playtesting. Sneaks up, stealing your light source or stabs you in the back. This time he got his shiny behinds whipped by my elvish sword.

I really love the BCK. I have picked out the stuff I needed and modified some of parts of it to fit my needs. Right now I'm trying to fix up the textures that I think is a bit to coarse.

AmstradHero said...

Great screenshots there! There's a really nice mood to them and they're looking impressive.

As for the whole area inconsistency thing - since when has lighting or over geographical weirdness prevented anyone from becoming immersed in a game? We're dealing with a magical world here, so you can do anything you darn well like. :-p

Ernie Noa said...

The lighting is excellent particularly in the first few. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Those screenies have a very rich atmosphere! Lighting and colours are just about right, methinks! :)