Thursday 9 October 2008

Back (in two ways)!

My development environment is now set for continuing the work on Zork. I tried to play it a bit yesterday to refresh my mind of what's left to do. To my big (and not so nice) surprise I found the HearBeat-system for several central things, as the Grue, the Thief and Light/Dark areas and light sources failing. The music doesn't play, several sound sources are gone and the walkmesh is screwed up in multiple areas. Why? I don't know and yesterday was too upset and tired to do a deeper research.
Still, I'm back! Now over to another back.
My broken discs are hurting as hell after a too long car trip last Saturday. It'll disable me from any longer toolset sessions for a week or two. Yes I know I can stand on my knees ;). That leads me to next obvious conclusion: Release within 25 days - fat chance! I'll keep the release date counter on so I can feel some pressure though.

Have a nice day!
/A

1 comment:

Lance Botelle (Bard of Althéa) said...

Hi Amraphael,

Good to hear you are back with Zork ... and sorry to hear about all those bugs. :(

Sometimes (after taking a break) you tend to find stuff you missed before anyway, but this sounds like stuff you thought were done.

Shame about the release date, but I am still watching ... ;)

Lance.