Wednesday 5 November 2008

Report from Denmark

Hi,
as I mentioned earlier I'm in on a conference Copenhagen, Denmark. It's pretty interesting stuff going on in our niche of the IT-business right now. Copenhagen is a nice city even this time of the year. The weather is taken directly from a Sherlock Holmes novel. Above you see the Castle Rosenborg.

I was smart enough to take my heavy but movable laptop with me so I can get my daily Toolset-rush. To forget syncing up it with the latest version of my module wasn't so smart though :) So I've been fiddling with some lesser important stuff that I know won't interfere with the later version. I have to remember to be careful when merging them. Last week I worked some more on my converastion based combat scripts. It works pretty well even if I don't have been able to chose camera mode from the scripts. I start to suspect that it can't be done. I have one possible workaround evolving in the back of my head but it has to wait until I return home.

Take care out there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That castle is beautiful! I don't know much about the toolset stuff, but you get to see nifty structures like this one! Definitely an inspiration!

Unknown said...

I went to visit a friend in Copenhagen not long ago. He took us to a small metalwork shop in Christiania. It's a really interesting area to walk around and the metal shop makes everything by hand. A great place to get souvenirs if you can make it over there.

Amraphael said...

@Liso
Yes, Copenhagen is always nice to visit. Lot's of nice culture events and it has a continental touch even if it's a part of the Nordic region.Now I'll get spanked really hard by our Danish fellows :)))

This time of the year is definitely not the best when it comes to the weather and it will be interesting to celebrate Christmas here.

@Vendalus
Yes, the Freetown Christinia is a really interesting place. In many ways :) And apart from the drugs and such it's a very friendly neighborhood with lots of handicraft and talented free spirited people.