Monday 8 December 2008

Goblin Bandits of the Delimbiyr Route

Tonight me, my wife and a friend played the first part of Kevin Carr's Goblin Bandits of the Delimbiyr Route. It's a multi player enabled module (one of the few that has been rated at the NWVault). We played for about three hours and we all loved to play a low-level module again. It's some thing special about having to watch out for and run away from bears and goblin. The module is standard NWN2 without custom content. It looks okay, but is far from a design wonder, but I like it anyway. We chose to go for the classic setup with me, playing Handbane, the fighter (the cool bearded guy with the crossbow), wife as a rouge and our friend as the cleric. In the screen shot we're exploring a strange complex in the woods. The nice thing is that we decided to schedule three more Monday-adventures so now I must do something else than work :) It gives me inspiration to put some more time into Zork.

4 comments:

Jclef said...

I haven't played this one yet, but the title strikes me as one of those cool low-level dungeon crawls.

And as always... best when played with friends! :)

Amraphael said...

Well it's an average dungeon/rural hack&slash adventure with some good ideas and a decent plot. I probably will vote an 7.0 for it and add in +1 for the multiplayer option. I'm easy to please :) But never underestimate the fun in killing some hours (and goblins) with friends. Coffee and cookies, forgetting about the bills, work and the financial dark age. That's what it all should be about.

EC said...

I had a very good time playing this mod. It was well put together, with no oddities, and some interesting twists and surprises.

I can imagine it was fun in multiplayer.

PJH said...

All that time lost playing a module when it could have been focused on completing Zork!